Tuesday, February 26, 2008

It's been a long time!!

Well a lot has happen in the past month that has kept me from having time to post. The biggest is moving. That took about a week. I must add that I am pretty proud of myself for I come from a long line of pack rats and I managed to purge a lot of stuff. Toys, clothes, junk it all had to go (the unwanted and unused). Everything that has not been seen in ages was donated or thrown away! I hate moving... my sweet baby just kept looking at me like "Mom, why aren't you holding me". Lili-Grace understood but was very needy because she was sick. In fact both of them were sick, and now I realize that they probably had the flu. I was in denial though because I didn't want them to have the flu. Low and behold the next week I came down with the flu as well. I told the doctor that I thought I was dying. I have not felt that bad in a long time and then I felt worse to think that was probably how my kids felt too. So much for the flu shot!! Needless to say I have not had a chance to practice my photography so I do not have any new pics. Not to mention that Alabama weather is crazy in the winter time which does not offer days conducive to outdoor activities. But I am really enjoying my new home, being able to relax with my kids and not have to worry about running around to get packed or get things ready to move. Although, you don;t really get to relax with 2 little ones. But the joy they bring make it all worth the exhaustion.

3 comments:

Lacey Freeman said...

Man, i feel ya...the flu made me feel the worst I have ever felt in my life! I had it about a month ago and I am still fighting the chest congestion. No fun. Congrats on moving into your new house...I HATE moving. Do you know what Em is doing for spring break? I text her and told her I was coming home and haven't heard back. I'd like to see her though!

Carly A said...

I NEED TO TALK TO YOU! I don't even know you anymore! I can't believe you are all moved in! AAHH!!! So exciting! The flu sucks. We have dodged it so far but KNOCK ON WOOD. We don't need or want it. You need to get busy and post some pictures of your adorable kids and your new beautiful home!

Dahnelle said...

Lauren! I didn't know you were a blogger! I wandered over here from Lacey's blog--hope you don't mind. The flu has been so horrible this year. Dave got it, but the rest of us were lucky enough to not get it-yet. Maybe we were in the 40% that the shot actually worked for?